Sign in to follow this  
DaveAzoicer

Could be Fix for lag/desync

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/133256689833418626/

How I fixed desync, lag, and slow base loads on my dedicated server...
Im running a Dedicated Server with 4-5 guys on it. our base got big enough to where we would walk away to get resources, come back and have to restart the game to load the base.

I made a few changes to network speed related settings. I was seeing max traffic on the server at ~300Kbps... im now seeing 2.3Mbps with spikes to 5+ for initial loads (instant loads)

On the server I changed..

...\common\Conan Exiles\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini (more tags are here im just listing the ones I changed)

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
MaxClientRate=500000
MaxInternetClientRate=500000 
NetServerMaxTickRate=60

...\common\Conan Exiles\Engine\Config\BaseGame.ini

[/script/engine.gamenetworkmanager]
TotalNetBandwidth=6000000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=500000
MinDynamicBandwidth=500000

I made the above changes for good measure but I also changed my start script to use the lanplay tag, UE4 *should* read this as 'remove server bandwidth limitations'

..ConanServer.exe -LANPLAY -log

after making the server changes I noticed no increase in throughput so on each client playing we changed. 
...\common\Conan Exiles\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

[/script/engine.player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=500000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=700000

...\common\Conan Exiles\Engine\Config\BaseGame.ini

[/script/engine.gamenetworkmanager]
TotalNetBandwidth=600000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=500000
MinDynamicBandwidth=500000

Im not 100% sure if all those changes were needed to get my desired effect. Maybe a Dev can chime in or use this as info for debugging. 

most of the issues I had experienced with slow base loads, rubberbanding, lag and other problems seemed to be a result of the client getting ahead of the server. that to me was seeming like the network was choked when logging back in fixed it. From there watching a friend load the base over a 45 second period with the server only sending ~100-140kbps then dropping off after it loaded is why I tried removing the default network restrictions in UE4. Like I said above now i see a split second 5Mbps spike when loading the game at the base and it appears instantly.

Im assuming this fix is only needed because the game is still not optimized network traffic wise, but this change was a total game changer for me.

All cred to Ziggy from the thread linked above.

Gonna implement these changes right away, so if you do as well on your machine, we may see less desync and lagging when near bases.

Want to help keep us afloat? Go DCcr4D0.png and buy us a whiskey! Or check the right side of the forums! Cheers!

Discord.png

This settings WILL be removed from my server once we get past 15 active players if we notice an increase in large lag spikes.

Want to help keep us afloat? Go DCcr4D0.png and buy us a whiskey! Or check the right side of the forums! Cheers!

Discord.png